Glosters 28th/LXI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charity Rugby Match

Go down

Charity Rugby Match Empty Charity Rugby Match

Post  Admin Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:38 am

Richard [Knocker] Knight has organized a charity rugby match, to be held at Kingswood Rugby Club (Bristol) in aid of the Charity HELP FOR HEROES.

The match will take place on Sunday 16th March 2008.

Kingswood RFC will play against a Bristol Combination XV of the same standard.

More detailed timings will be promulgated at a later date.

Initially the proceeds of the Charity match were to help Rfn. Jamie Cooper but such is the character of the lad he has asked for the money raised to be given to the Charity HELP FOR HEROES.
Jamie as many of you know is the son of ex Gloster Phil Cooper. Jamie was so badly injured whilst serving in Iraq that he faces the rest of his life in a wheelchair. HELP FOR HEROES is a charity that is doing so much to help those like Jamie damaged in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Knocker has received some signed rugby balls, family tickets, signed shirts etc from some of the premiership clubs, so we intend to conduct an auction in the bar after the match to help raise money for HELP FOR HEROES.

If anyone would like to sponsor the game, or knows of a potential sponsor, please ask them to contact me at: knockerknight@hotmail.co.uk

It would be nice to see as many fellow Glosters/RGBW/Rifles at the event as possible.

Knocker writes I am looking forward to seeing lots of old faces at the game. Bring your wallets and give generously. If you are not able to meet with old comrades for Back Badge, come and celebrate it early. I for one intend to have a couple.

If there are people wishing to donate, but cannot make it on the day, then you can send a cheque to Knocker made payable to Help for Heroes.

His work address is;

Richard Knight
Community Department
Gloucester Rugby Ltd
Kingsholm Stadium
Kingsholm Road
Gloucester
GL1 3AX
He will gladly pass it on.
You may also donate via Knocker's online website, The address is:
http://www.justgiving.com/richardknight1
Admin